Monday, July 26, 2010

CHARLIE BAKER......SOUNDS GOOD FOR LYNN.......


I attended a fund raiser earlier this evening for Charlie Baker at the Volunteer Yacht Club in Lynn and I must admit that I am now "rooting" for him. I hope he is the person he says he" is".........I like his delivery and the issues that are his priorities..........but before that discussion......I was not sure who I WOULD SEE AT THIS EVENT.......but it turned out that I I knew almost every person in the room......and trust me the "tide may truly be shifting "............The anti -incumbency feeling was alive even from some of the long time supporters of these very incumbents.......Oh boy.......
Now back to Charlie.........
One of his key strategies relative to the budget is to make decisions and then cut cost and contain other costs.The first major decision will be to leave untouched "Aid to the cities and towns "He said that is the "playing field"and he will go forward from there.......That is great news for Lynn and all the other 364 cities and towns that cannot survive without State Aid.....I am sure he formulated that idea from his years as a Swampscott Selectman.

I assume the cuts will come from the State, and I am comfortable that his experience as an executive at Harvard Pilgrim Health will allow him to administer the cuts in an orderly,compassionate, and common sense manner....It will not be easy or without criticism.......however the other candidates both Constitutional Officers have had their chance
and led us to nowhere..........Are they afraid to look at their friends and supporters of the past and tell them that the "gravy train "has to make its last stop........

He was very critical of the Patrick Administration for applying and accepting the "Common Core" Federal monies which will in effect "dumb down " the MCAS Testing which is highly regarded and calls for accountability of the teachers and students.....It is not perfect I know......but I am against changing the entire program.....I am worried when the teacher unions are silent.....If my memory is correct...They were against MCAS when originally proposed............

Oh well.....now you know where I stand.......at least Patrick and Cahill will save some money on stamps.....after they read " Thought's.......

No comments:

Post a Comment