Sunday, July 4, 2010

AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL......


I have taken my own advice for the weekend and I have enjoyed it with family and friends.

I am going to give you my local "America the beautiful " awards for this festive holiday..........

1st Choice

I was at "Sweet Lou " Panakio's Condo on Lynnshore Drive,Lynn for the fireworks with Lisa and her BFF, Maria Rowen. Maria cooked and it was enjoyed by "all".Lou and Lisa had their normal poignant observations of the crowd. My view was one of pride and wonder.The City with its diversity and problems showed how people can come together and have civility,comradity and fun with each other.It seemed that more than half of Lynn joined together in a very small area and it turned out to be a " great time ".......IF WE COULD ONLY "BOTTLE IT "...........How to go Lynn....

2nd Choice

I received some criticism that "Thoughts" one way or another cut Marblehead by "cherry picking " incidents in three prior blogs........Well here is your surprise.The "black and red " shot to second place after this morning........I ran around "The Neck " and it could not have been more beautiful or relaxing and everyone I saw was more than pleasant.......
Then after running I participated in a Yoga class on Deveraux Beach that was full of friendly people,a great instructor , the Lewin's , Brenda & Richard and Chef Maria (upper right) from the prior evening.My opinion of myself concerning my yoga ability is that I am a relative of the "Tin Man" from the Wizard of Oz.

I am having a"ball".......... Hope the same for you.......



1 comment:

  1. Dear Dad,

    I request that every once in a while you tell a previously unknown Harvey story, such as the time you memorized the Latin translations and confounded the Malden Catholic administration.

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete