Thursday, June 24, 2010

GOOD BYE......GENERAL......

As an "Officer and Gentleman " in the US Navy.......I gave some nonsensical orders and followed some of them........It was part of the "Turf "..........You followed orders and their was not much "wiggle room"" for dissent.......It was and is the way of life. I enjoyed the Navy ,however the fact that you were controlled and did things in the manner dictated by orders of others made it unacceptable as a "life path " for me..........I left the Service as a LCDR after 5 Years and not as a Admiral 20 years later for that very reason.

I was surprised that a General allowed himself to be interviewed in the manner that he was in the magazine, but I am not surprised that the President took the action to have him tender his resignation.

We are at war and division in the chain of command is not acceptable......especially in public.I assume the enemy reads "Rolling Stone "......I don't......but.....

I have a feeling if an Officer under the General did what he did.........Heads would have rolled.Everything "flows "downhill...........

Orders are orders and the "Code of Conduct " is very broad in it's application.....

I will add a further opinion .... if the Commander in Chief was more experienced in leadership and administration......this incident would never have come to this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment