Sunday, October 11, 2009

LEAD.........DONT FOLLOW.......


I was on a run this morning.......and I did not have any interest in the news of the day......and upon my return home while having these recurring thoughts about social justice I " spotted " this white paper on the desk of the foyer to my condo.........It happened to be the lyrics to an old song from the 60 's..........randomly left by some unknown........It's words were appropriate to my minds' attention....... The song as paraphrased states the following ;
" If I had a hammer,Id hammer in the morning,Id hammer in the evening,All over this land
If I had a bell,Id ring it in the morning,Id ring it in the evening,All over this land
If I had a song,Id sing it in the morning,Id sing it in the evening,all over the land
Id hammer out danger,Id hammer out a warning
Id ring out danger,Id ring out a warning
Id sing out danger,Id sing out a warning
Id hammer,ring and sing out love between my brothers and my sisters..........

IT'S THE HAMMER OF JUSTICE, THE BELL OF FREEDOM,
IT'S THE SONG ABOUT LOVE BETWEEN MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS "
PETER,PAUL AND MARY( Mary passed at the age of 72 recently)

1 comment:

  1. Those of us who remember the songs of Peter, Paul and Mary understand the message behind the words...Today we have a song by Britney Spears ("3") where she refers to Peter, Paul and Mary as a threesome...we understand the sub-text of that message too...and I don't think it's blowing in the wind...

    ReplyDelete