Tuesday, October 27, 2009

BIG BABY....OH SO YOUNG....SECOND CHANCES


It must be frustrating to be an owner of a professional sport team...... All the people that control these business entities know what they are getting into when they " buy " into the sport industry.....however large amounts of money are invested into the potential of the athletic ability of young persons who all come from varied backgrounds........and paybacks and results are unknown.......much like "life".....

Youth, Money and Idle Time does not seem to be a good mix.I could not imagine my youth being lived that way....in fact I believe it may have been destructive to my well being both physically and spiritually......and in saying " may" I am giving myself the " benefit of the doubt " that maybe I would have survived.....and been whatever I am......

"Big Baby" Davis is a guy out of College a couple of years with the money and free time life style that comes with playing for the NBA CELTICS or any other major team........

He gets into a "fight"with a good friend who is alleged to be drunk.The altercation is over some issue involving "Big Baby's " girl friend.......

He has now had his hand operated on,and will miss 6-8 weeks of the season.The Celtics will probably suspend him without pay for an extended time......He has the potential for a great career.......He has put himself at a cross road.......How will he deal with it ?

I understand the pitfalls of youth and hope he learns the hard lessons and pulls himself back into the game.........

I bring this up to remember all of our young ones who have made a "wrong turn " and if given a chance can make it back and go on to productive lives in the endeavors of their choice.......

There is Hope for all.........Given a chance... along with proper advice and determined mind set to do what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment