Monday, March 17, 2014

PLAYOFF BASKETBALL AND HOCKEY

I had a sports weekend.Saturday I was invited to see my Brother's Grandson (10 years old) play
Basketball at Salem State University for a league championship.It was neat in the sense that both teams were from Swampscott
and all the players know each other and basically "hang"together. I guess that means in a few years
Swampscott should have a good team at the High School level.


It was great for me since Grandson Jordan Cummings is a "Star" point guard on one team;
and a "Star" forward on the other team is John Caponigro whose Father,Joe is the Coach.

Joe is a Star in his own right since he works at Panakio Adjusters with yours truly, and is the
Baseball Coach at Lynn English.He has assisted many of his players go to Elite College Programs
along with some to MLB Teams.

Each team won a game on Saturday and Sunday. in Basketball........One was named the CHAMPION.

I also saw MY Alumni, Malden Catholic win It's fourth straight Super Eight Title in Hockey at the Garden.

The skill level of the players in both sports is terrific.It is different from my day.......which was long ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment