Wednesday, March 3, 2010

THE HELP......IT'S 1962.....BLACK MAIDS....WHITE LADY BOSSES

The Help by Kathleen Stockett.......is a book that will be in my mind for a long time.........Social Justice was not at the top of the "agenda list "back in 1962 in and around the "Deep South ".............

Here is what black maid Aibileen had to say in part about her white bosses;

"Womens,they ain't like men.A women ain't gone beat you with a stick.........No,white women like to keep they hands clean.........

They got a shiny little set a tools they use,sharp as witches fingernails,tidy and laid out neat,like the picks on a dentist tray.......

you realize something you known all your life:the white lady don't ever forget........And she ain't gone stop till you dead."

It is a "great read ", the characters are unforgettable and all I have to say is;

If you are certain that you are better than other people because of your family position or race
change yourself or keep it to yourself .........unless you want to be a" Miss Hilly"


1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful information specially the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    Also visit my web-site ; diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete